Education Interest  
Study In  
 Subscribe Globalcareerclub Newsletter.
 I agree to the Terms of use and Privacy Policy
    Register
View Container :: Create Forum Topics :: Create Forum Comments

Forum Topic : What is CPU?
Submitted by John on 23/06/2009 - 06:13 PM
CPU is an acronym that stands for Central Processing Unit. The central processing unit is responsible for performing all of the mathematical calculations that are required for a computer to function properly. Because a computer cannot function without the CPU (which may also be referred to as the central processor or just the processor), it is not uncommon to hear people refer to the CPU as the "brains" of a computer.

forum

What is the difference of 286, 386, 486 and Pentiu
Submitted by Adarsh on 08/07/2009 - 12:56 AM
Hi John,

I am in an idea to buy a PC, i got the configuration in which was written Pentium II, now John just tell me, what is Pentiun and the difference between a 286, 386 and 486?.
Difference of 286, 386, 486 and Pentium processors
Submitted by John on 08/07/2009 - 01:04 AM
Adarsh it is good idea to buy a PC, the Pentium II is all about the speed of the processors.

Difference of 286, 386, 486 and Pentium processors:
* Most Personal Computer are using Intel X86 instruction sets. As long as they are using the same instruction sets, they can perform the same job.

* That is, 386, 486, Pentium and many other types of processors are equally well.

* The only differences between them are the speed, and memory addressing capability.

* Although 086 and 286 are using the same X86 instruction set, however, because of having some troubles on addressing the high memory, many programs are not able the run on these older processors.
About Us  -   About GCC  -   Contact Us  -   Feedback  -   FAQ  -   Privacy Policy  -   Terms and Conditions  -   Sitemap
Partner Websites : indiancareerclub.com  -   clubforeducation.com  -   Study MBBS in Philippines  -   Study Engineering in Philippines