Education Interest  
Study In  
 Subscribe Globalcareerclub Newsletter.
 I agree to the Terms of use and Privacy Policy
    Register
View Container :: Create Forum Topics :: Create Forum Comments

Forum Topic : What's MBBS
Submitted by Tanvi on 06/06/2009 - 12:46 AM
Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, or in Latin Medicinæ Baccalaureus et Baccalaureus Chirurgiæ (abbreviated MB BChir, MB BCh, MB ChB, BM BS, MB BS etc.), are the two degrees awarded after a course of undergraduate study in medicine and surgery at a university in the United Kingdom and other places following its usage, such as medical schools in Australia, Egypt, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Singapore, Myanmar, New Zealand, Jamaica, South Africa, Nigeria, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Sudan and India. The naming suggests that they are two separate degrees; however, in practice, they are usually treated as one. (At Oxford and Cambridge it is/was possible to be awarded the two degrees on different dates.)

Those holding the degree(s) and practicing medicine are usually referred to as "Doctor" and use the prefix "Dr".

The degrees are often used as the Commonwealth equivalent of what is known elsewhere as the degree of Doctor of Medicine (MD).[citation needed] In countries that award bachelors' degrees in medicine, however, the MD refers to a Higher Doctorate, and is reserved for medical practitioners who do research and submit a thesis in the field of medicine.

forum

Eligibility for pursing MBBS
Submitted by Larry on 29/06/2009 - 07:17 PM
I have taken my first group ie (Physics, Chemistry, Maths, Biology) in my 12th, now i want to know whether i am eligible for taking the entrance exam for MBBS?
Eligibility for MBBS
Submitted by Tanvi on 29/06/2009 - 07:37 PM
Yes of course Larry you are eligible for taking the MBBS exam and u can cross check with the details given below:

Age Limit: Candidate should have completed the age of 17 years on or before the first day of July of academic year in which the candidate is seeking admission.

Qualifying Examination:
1. The Higher Secondary Examination or the Indian School Certificate examination which is equivalent to 10 + 2 Higher Secondary. The study should comprise of Physics Chemistry and Biology with English.(or)
2. The Intermediate examination in science of an Indian University Board.(or)
3. The pre-Professional / pre-medical examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology, after passing either the higher secondary school examination.(or)
4. The first year of the three years degree course of a recognized University with physics, Chemistry and Biology including a practical test in these subjects.

Selection of Students: Merit basis:-
1. Candidate must have obtained not less than 50% marks in English and 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together both at qualifying and competitive examinations.
2. For Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Classes (OBC) the marks obtained are read as 40% instead of 50% Candidates who have passed any qualifying examination shall obtain an eligibility certificate from the university.
3. Cut off Date for Admission for I Year MBBS Course is 30th September every year.
About Us  -   About GCC  -   Contact Us  -   Feedback  -   FAQ  -   Privacy Policy  -   Terms and Conditions  -   Sitemap
Partner Websites : indiancareerclub.com  -   clubforeducation.com  -   Study MBBS in Philippines  -   Study Engineering in Philippines